Thank you for your interest in the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program!
Our Spring 2020 Application Process opens on February 10. We welcome applications from all current sophomores who have a demonstrated commitment to the goals of the Mellon Mays Fellowship Program and an interest in pursuing graduate work in one of the Mellon-designated fields of study.
Completed applications are due on March 25 at 5pm. Please complete your application via the GPS portal (link to portal is below).
Questions? Please contact Dean Khristina Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Data Form
- Research Proposal: Throughout the fellowship, each MMUF fellow works to develop their own scholarly voice by pursuing an independent research project. This project might be, or lead to, the JP and Senior Thesis - or it might be an additional academic pursuit.
- Personal Essay: Describe your interest in and motivation for an academic career that would further the objectives of the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program to address, over time, the under-representation of minorities in college and university faculties.
- Writing Sample: Academic Argument
- Princeton Transcript
- Other Transcripts (if applicable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Click Apply Now to access the application/apply via the GPS portal
Monday, March 2 4:30 - 6:00 p.m., 36 University Place, Suite 350
Tuesday, March 3 12:00 - 1:30 p.m., 36 University Place, Conference Room 330
Wednesday, March 25 Applications must be submitted via the GPS portal by 5:00 p.m.Monday, March 30 Applications will be distributed to the Committee for review
Monday, March 30 -
Friday, April 3 Committee reviews applications and decides which candidates to interview
Friday, April 3 Applicants receive electronic notification of Committee's decision by 5:00 p.m.
Monday, April 6 -
Friday, April 10 Selected applicants are interviewed by the Committee
Monday, April 13 Applicants receive electronic notification of Committee's decision by 5:00 p.m.