Thank you for your interest in the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program!
Our Spring 2020 Application Process opens on February 10. We welcome applications from all current sophomores who have a demonstrated commitment to the goals of the Mellon Mays Fellowship Program and an interest in pursuing graduate work in one of the Mellon-designated fields of study.
Completed applications are due on April 1 at 5pm. Please complete your application via the GPS portal (link to portal is below).
HELP WITH YOUR APPLICATION | Dr. Afia Ofori-Mensa will be offering individual application consultations, from initial ideas to final revisions, no matter where you are in your process. You can sign up on her WASE calendar here.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Ofori-Mensa at email@example.com.
- Personal Data Form
- Research Proposal: Throughout the fellowship, each MMUF fellow works to develop their own scholarly voice by pursuing an independent research project. This project might be, or lead to, the JP and Senior Thesis - or it might be an additional academic pursuit.
- Personal Essay: Describe your interest in and motivation for an academic career that would further the objectives of the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program to address, over time, the under-representation of minorities in college and university faculties.
- Writing Sample: Academic Argument
- Princeton Transcript
- Other Transcripts (if applicable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Click Apply Now to access the application/apply via the GPS portal
Monday, March 2 4:30 - 6:00 p.m., 36 University Place, Suite 350
Wednesday, April 1 Applications must be submitted via the GPS portal by 5:00 p.m.Friday, April 3 Applications will be distributed to the Committee for review
Friday, April 3 -
Sunday, April 5 Committee reviews applications and decides which candidates to interview
Monday, April 6 Applicants receive electronic notification of Committee's decision by 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 8 -
Friday, April 10 Selected applicants are interviewed by the Committee via Zoom
Friday, April 17 Applicants receive electronic notification of Committee's decision by 5:00 p.m.